TOOTH EXTRACTIONS LAS VEGAS
LONE MOUNTAIN DENTAL
You and Dr. Godfrey may determine that you need a tooth extraction for any number of reasons. Some teeth are extracted because they are severely decayed; others may have advanced periodontal disease, or have broken in a way that cannot be repaired. Other teeth may need removal because they are poorly positioned in the mouth (such as impacted teeth), or in preparation for orthodontic treatment.
The removal of a single tooth can lead to problems related to your chewing ability, problems with your jaw joint, and shifting teeth, which can have a major impact on your dental health.
To avoid these complications, in most cases, Dr. Godfrey will discuss alternatives to extractions as well as replacement of the extracted tooth.
Types of Extraction
There are two types of tooth extraction: simple extraction and surgical extraction. Simple extraction is performed on teeth that are visible and easy to remove, while surgical extraction is a more complex procedure that is required for teeth that have not fully erupted, are impacted, or have broken below the gum line.
Preparing for Tooth Extraction
- Dental examination: Before the procedure, the dentist will conduct a thorough dental examination to determine the best approach for the tooth extraction.
- Medical history: Patients are required to disclose their medical history to their dentist, including any medications they are currently taking, allergies, and any medical conditions that may affect the procedure.
- X-rays and other diagnostic tests: X-rays may be taken to get a clearer picture of the tooth and surrounding structures. Other diagnostic tests may also be performed to ensure that the patient is healthy enough for the procedure.
- Medications to avoid: Patients may be instructed to avoid certain medications, such as blood thinners, in the days leading up to the procedure.
- Pre-operative instructions: Patients will be given specific instructions on how to prepare for the procedure, including what to eat and drink, and when to arrive for the appointment.
Alternatives to Tooth Extraction
Root canal therapy:
Root canal therapy is a treatment option for teeth that are infected or damaged. During the procedure, the dentist will remove the damaged or infected pulp from the tooth and seal it with a filling or crown.
Dental crowns are a type of dental restoration that can help to strengthen and protect a damaged tooth. A crown is a cap that is placed over the tooth to restore its shape and function.
Dental bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. The bridge is anchored to the teeth on either side of the gap, and a prosthetic tooth is suspended between them.
Dental implants are a popular option for replacing missing teeth. The implant is a small titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone, where it fuses with the bone to create a stable anchor for a dental crown or bridge.
"They get you in right away when need be. Friendly staff, excellent hygienist, and very good dentist."
"Dr Tom Godfrey is an excellent dentist. Highly recommended. 👍🏻👍🏻"
"Have searched long and hard for a dentist that l could count on in Vegas.......Lone Mountain Dental has him.......highly recommend anyone looking for a dentist to call....will be glad you did"
"I had an emergency when a very old crown came off and then gave me a tooth ache that wouldn’t quit. They agreed to see me and it was a very good experience and I will now go there for all of my dental work. Thank you to staff for their kindness and really good care."
“Best dentist and fair! I had broken a tooth and was new to Vegas. I was worried about where to go thinking I’d just be taken advantage of. Dr Godfrey at Lone Mountain Dental was a jackpot for me! He told me I had broken the back side of a crown off and gave me options of how to proceed. I felt so great that he didn’t see me as a cash cow or source of income but as a
“Great experience from the front desk to everyone in the back. They seem to enjoy what they do and who they do it with. So they came across very pleasant to me as a patient. I love seeing people do what they are good at doing. And I feel like that's what I experienced here. Great people doing great quality work.”